Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top 10 Men

I was working all day doing interviews for my staff. Then I get off of work and go straight to Barnes to work there as well. Then I get home at midnite, sit down in front of my TV and find out that TiVo screwed up and didn't tape Idol today. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Luckily, Rickey is on top of his game and had all the performances on his blog already so I was able to watch them there.

First and foremost, I fully support David Archuleta. That kid is DA BOMB! That was possibly the best performance I have ever heard of that song. The emotion and the vocals were AMAZING. I agree that it was one of the best performances on Idol EVER (take that Jordin Sparks!) This kid is flying right to the finale. It's so hard to see him losing now.

Which brings me to my second thought of the night. Go David Hernandez! I love this guy. I loved him during Hollywood week and was secretly hoping he'd do well, but I didnt want to admit that I liked him because I thought he'd go out in the first week like Rudy Cardenas did last season. But I think I can finally come out and say that I'm a David H. fan. I would love to see him continue to grow (much like Elliott Yamin did) and make it to Top 3 but I don't think that will happen.

As for the rest, YAWN! I thought the rest of the show was pretty boring. Michael Johns was horrible tonight. Such a bad song choice and he was flat the whole song. I thought it was awful. He just lost a lot of steam.

Jason Yeager
just sounds like a Vegas lounge singer. He needs to go. Luke was alright but I don't think he'll make it much further.

Robbie Carrico
wasn't rock at all and he needs to stop playing up the rocker thing.

Jacuzzi (Chikezie) was boring again. I'm over him.

I don't get the appeal of Jason Castro. I thought he was average last week and not better this week. I just don't get it.

David Cook was actually pretty good. He finally did look like the rocker star that he claims he is. At least it looked like a real concert.

Lastly, there was Danny Noriega. I hate, hate HATE the song that he sang. Ruben Studdard sang it in Season 2 and bored me with it then. I have yet to hear a version of it that is good. This was no better. In fact, Ruben's boring interpretation of the song sang circles around Danny. I think Danny might have a big scare tonight. We'll see what happens, but either way his stock dropped like a brick after the show was over. We'll see how the women do.

No comments: