Wednesday, February 13, 2008

FINALLY! We're back!

I haven't written anything about Season 7 yet because I wasn't all that inspired during the auditions. Not because we didn't have talent, but because I get sick and tired of watching wannabes mug the camera just to say they've been on tv. It gets old very fast. However, while sitting through 4 weeks of auditions I saw some people that I really liked and some that I hated. But I wanted to wait until Hollywood Week before I finally weighed in on the competition this year.

So now that Hollywood week has wrapped and we have seen what has been promised as the best Top 24 of all time, I have to see that I completely agree with them. After watching tonight I am so excited for the competition to get under way. There were some definite standout performances and there were people that weren't even shown (where was Farmer John Drew Poppelreiter? I really hope he makes it because I was some eye candy and a true male country singer.)

After watching tonight's episode I have some initial favorites. We'll see how they do once they start the competition next. But for now, I'm pulling for:
  1. David Archuleta
  2. Michael Johns
  3. Carly Hennessy
  4. Kristy Lee Cook and, if they make it...
  5. Drew Poppelreiter
  6. Robbie Carrico

Come on America, don't screw this one up and give us another Sanjaya. We have the potential of having a phenominal show this year and I would love to see a truly competitive season.

No comments: