Friday, February 15, 2008

Jesse's Top 12


So here it is, my choices for Season 7's Top 12. This was actually a little harder than I thought it was going to be. For me, the women are the stronger group this year. I actually really like about 9 of the 12 so it was hard for me to narrow down my Top 6. But I ended up choosing (in alphabetical order):

1) Asia'H Epperson
2) Carly Smithson
3) Kady Malloy
4) Kristy Lee Cook
5) Ramiele Malubay
6) Syesha Mercado

I also liked Brooke White, Joanne Borgella and Alexandrea Lushington. However, I think Alexandrea will crack under the pressure. I think Joanne and Brooke will be the final two that don't make it in. Both are very talented but I just have a feeling that they won't be as strong as the Top 6. Out of my 6, the one that I'm the least confidant on is Kady. If you remember, she's the one that mimicked Britney Spears and others during her inital audition. I just wonder if she's actually found her own voice or will she start mimicking others during the semi-finals. If she does get cut then I'll bump Brooke into her spot.

The guys were a little easier for me to choose. However, having not seen 4 of them at all yet it makes it a little difficult to predict what's going to happen. For my Top 6 I chose:

1) David Archuleta
2) David Cook
3) Jason Yeager
4) Luke Menard
5) Michael Johns
6) Robbie Carrico

I picked two wildcards this time, Jason and Luke. I think Luke is a pretty safe pick because he's the best looking guy of the bunch. Looking like Orlando Bloom will definitely help him. I also heard a clip of him on YouTube and he's got a good voice. Jason is a total wildcard for me but they did show him getting very emotional after he found out he made it. This could being in the Elliott Yamin votes for people that like a really nice guy and want to see him do well. I could see David Hernandez or Danny Noriega sneaking into his spot if he doesn't make it in. (Sorry Garrett Haley, you're the sacrificial lamb this season. No one has even seen you on screen so it looks like you're the first to go).

So there we have it. We'll see how many I get right (or if I change my mind after actually seeing everyone sing). I can't wait for the actual competition to begin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Syesha bugs. Don't know what it is specifically but I just can't get behind her. We'll see if that changes. And I beg to differ about the best looking guy; it's DEFINITELY Michael Johns!