Sunday, April 29, 2007

What Should They Sing - Bon Jovi/Rock Week

Well, there seems to be a little confusion over what the theme will be this week. Because Bon Jovi is the coach people seem to think it's Bon Jovi week. But there is also talk that it's a more general "rock" week. We'll see what happens on Tues but for now let's assume that it's going to be "Bon Jovi" week. With that in mind I've tried to come up with some song ideas for everyone to sing. Let me know what you guys think.

Chris - Who Says You Can't Go Home. This song is a fun, faster paced song with a country vibe to it. I think he could have a lot of fun with this one and his voice would fit nicely. I was also thinking about this one for Phil because of the country feel but I decided on another instead.

Phil - Blaze of Glory. This was written for the movie Young Guns II. It also has a tiny bit of country in the song. Phil's voice lends itself quite nicely to this week's theme so I think he'll do well with any song he chooses. I was thinking about Living on a Prayer but that octave jump might be a little too high for Phil so settled on this one instead.

Blake - Bed of Roses. There is a great acoustic version on YouTube of this song and I think Blake could that off quite nicely.

Jordin - Always. Another great ballad that Jordin will be able to pull off.

LaKisha - admittedly, this is going to be really hard week for LaKisha. I think she's going to struggle a lot on finding the right tune. But since she's so keen on choosing songs that other Idols have done then I choose Wanted Dead or Alive for her. Chris rocked it out last year so of course LaKisha will attempt it and fail. But in reality she'll probably go for some sort of ballad so I'll say "I'll Be There For You".

Melinda - Have A Nice Day. This is also going to be really hard for Melinda as I don't really see her as a rocker. However, she could pull it off with this song. Lyrically, it doesn't really fit with Melinda's demeanor but if she sings it with the attitude that she used during "I'm A Woman" she could really make this work.

So what do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree? Have better ideas for song choices?

No comments: