Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bye Bye-ya Sanjaya!

Normally, I don't post anything after elimination nights but I was compelled to do so today. I for one am very happy with the results of last night's show. I was never a Sanjaya fan and was hating him more and more with each passing week. Tuesday night's performance was the last straw. That had to rank up there with one of the worst performances on Idol ever. It was off key, out of rhythm, and had no joy in the performance. He looked like he knew it as well. I know that Vote For the Worst and Howard Stern were trying to keep him in to make a mockery out of Idol, and they did a good job, but it was time for him to go. Now that he's gone we finally have a real competition on our hands. While there are still some excellent singers that will most likely make the finals (Melinda and Jordin) the remaining singers will still add excitement and fun to the rest of the season. I think that's going to be pretty important because this season seems to be so emotionally charged for some reason. First we had all the backlash against Antonella for her pictures. Then there was all the talk about Sanjaya and Sundance sucking so much. Then it was just Sanjaya. Then there was the whole Chris/Simon/V Tech fiasco. I feel like everyone is on edge this season and the show just needs to get back on track and be all about the singing. Hopefully now that Sanjaya is gone we'll be able to focus on that again. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

1 comment:

Todd said...

But Sanjaya was such a ray of sunshine! I don't know why you have to be a hater - Hate the game, not the playa! ;-)