Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Top 3

Well, I wrote an entire review and was getting ready to post it when the computer froze and everything was erased. So rather than writing everything up again I figured I would just skip to the part that you want to hear.

Melinda was the best last night. She did Whitney and Tina proud. But we did finally find her weakness, the high falsetto. She went for it in the Whitney song and it was ok but definitely not what I was expecting. And then I realized that we never really heard sing anything in falsetto; she mostly belts everything. I just thought it was interesting.

Blake was the next best. I loved his Maroon5 song. That's the perfect type of song for him. It had some funk to it and it fit his voice perfectly. I also thought he did Roxanne very well. And, I actually liked the Robin Thicke song. It was nice to actually hear one of his songs since you can't understand a word he says while he's singing. I thought the beatboxing added a nice touch to the songs and didn't overpower them.
Jordin was just ok. She sounded great but her performances were just boring. She just stood there and sang the songs. Plus, her last song wasn't as good as it was the first time she performed it on the show, but was her best performance of the night.

That being said, Blake is the one going home tonite. There's no way they can deny Melinda being in the finale when she's been the best all season long. And they've been pimping Jordin so much that they won't back down now. So it's going to be a Melinda/Jordin finale. I'm not sure who I am going to vote for. I think I like Jordin better but Melinda is such a better singer and has been so consistant that I can't deny her thought. We're back to the TayTay/Diana finale. TayTay can saaaaaaaaaaang and Diana was just more personable. I think it's going to end up the same way and Melinda is going to win. It's all going to come down to who can sell the new single better. And when it comes to selling a song, it's going to be Melinda that pulls ahead.

1 comment:

here_we_go_again said...

I disagree. Melinda's "I Believe in You and Me" was horrendous. She falsetto was a disaster, but so was the whole second half of the song. I thought, overall, she did the worst last night, although she did well with the next two songs.

Blake did the best. All his songs fit his voice very well. Jordin didn't have a spark, but her voice was great.